The amount of stories and problems I have heard recently and over the years about awful customer service or none to be exact!
The Web Design/Development industry isn’t regulated in anyway and anyone can become Web Designers or even Marketeers.
Lack of communication, non-delivery of goods, not getting the results, over promise under deliver; it’s a nightmare out there!
I am sure you have come across “rouge traders” in your time but then found someone who can actually do the job you needed really well.
Some of the stories and problems I have heard:
- Non-delivery/go-live of a website for two years
- Functionality paid for but doesn’t work properly or at all!
- Can’t get access to what I need
- Waiting weeks for a response
- The web guy wants me to come up with the ideas for the design…
The list goes on… and because of this, potential customers start to believe websites and marketing doesn’t work for them, which is a real shame because it does.
So, how do you stand out from these other companies who make a mockery of your industry?
- Be honest – If you’re not sure about something, check it out first and then give an answer. Don’t pretend you know the answer if you don’t.
- Practice what you preach – If you say something works are you using/doing it yourself? Have you got evidence?
- Offer advice – Give a helping hand to those who have had bad customer service or experience. Show them why your different and why they should be working with you.
- Walk your talk – If you say you’re going to do something and do it! Don’t over promise and under deliver, trust is the biggest thing when it comes to relationships!
- Prove yourself – Show testimonials or case studies from others and examples of your work.
We would like to hear about some of your nightmares… and also the ways you make your self stand out from “the others”.
Don’t make your service, experience or company out to be a nightmare for your customers, make it beau-tiful!