After writing up the day’s task list I went on to work on the map. The first thing I did on the map was changing the current colour scheme using a revised palette, which better suited the Koogar identity.

I marked out a pathway for which a walk from when arriving at Lime Street Station. To make the pathway I copied and pasted the section of the streets where you would walk when going from Lime Street to Koogar into a new layer. I then rounded off the outside corners of the pathway. After the route was the desired shape I then used the magic wand tool to select the contents of the layer. I contracted the selection and then inverted the selection and deleted the outer contents of the layer. This narrowed the strip of the pathway, which now appears to run through the streets and not on top of them.

Now the pathway layer was no longer simply highlighting an area of the map, it now implied a route of which to take.

This route was originally marked out in white I tried various other colours but no other tone shared the same synergy as the white so I returned to the original colour. The white contrasts nicely yet works in harmony the other features of the map and does not glare out from the image.

I drew in a few well-known landmarks, which are in close proximity to the Koogar office such as Lime Street Station and Saint George’s Hall. I did this by outlining simplified shapes of the structures, in-keeping with the style of the map.

I created a glass orb effect using the elliptical selection tool and gradients with various opacities. This makes map more attractive to look at and gives it a better chance catching a clients attention when viewing the Koogar website.

Today, I also made some subtle changes to one of the images of Koogar. Koogar is supposed to bare a close resemblance to Amanda. Amanda has a suit jacket with grey trim around the lapel and pockets and so we thought Koogar should have this on her jacket also. I added this to image on a new layer. In this image Koogar is sitting at an angle and because this you cannot see the left pocket upon her jacket. In order to keep the image looking consistent and symmetrical I added in the top half of the pocket exposing the grey trim.

I am pleased that I managed to get the map finished today. I like the way it looks and I hope Amanda and Andy do too.