A Wirral based business woman Amanda Daniels, director of Koogar “Integrated Marketing Agency” is celebrating after scooping Business Woman of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony.
Amanda was presented with the award at the Free2Network Annual Award ceremony, hosted and organised by Free2Network, an independent networking organisation who set up the awards as a way of recognising and celebrating the achievements of businesses and entrepreneurs from across the UK.
The award was especially noteworthy as it was judged and presented by the original female Dragon from BBC’s Dragon’s Den, Rachel Elnaugh, who also founded the experience gift company Red Letter Days. Rachel said she was inspired by the strength of the submissions from companies across the UK.
“There have been so many outstanding entries; it really is quite inspiring reading them all.” – Rachel Elnaugh
On receiving the accolade Amanda said: “Having the award judged by someone like Rachel who has made a success in business herself, made the awards even more significant. To actually win the Business Women of the Year is just awesome and is the cherry on the icing of the cake of what has been an amazing year for Koogar.
“I love what I do and have been able to support some superb businesses that have been brilliant to work with. Fortunately they have totally embraced everything that Koogar has set out to do – with the results we all wanted.”
Amanda was chosen as the winner for Business Women of the Year for the way that since establishing Koogar in 2006 she’s built an enviable reputation for bringing together a wide range of digital marketing services including social media, websites, brand design, video, email marketing and marketing reviews to create hard hitting and highly effective marketing campaigns for SME’s throughout the Wirral, North West and North Wales.
Amanda created our Marketing Strategy and Calendar which set us up for the year of 2012. It was brilliant as it gave me tiny tasks to complete (almost) every day, and so implementing my Marketing Strategy did not seem huge or daunting…… and it was so easy to follow! The result being a 27% rise in turnover for the year!
At the start of 2013, I thought I could create my own Marketing Strategy, replicating what was done in the previous Year, however, this never really happened and my Marketing was sporadic and unfocussed and I did not achieve the same results as in 2012. For 2014 Amanda will be creating another Marketing Strategy and Calendar for me, as I’ve realised that even with all my good intentions, I am NOT the Marketing Genius that Amanda is……and I want to achieve the same results as in 2012!!
Traci Williams – Excel Ace Ltd
The full list of winners are as follows:
- Leader of the Year, Sarah-Jane Lupton, A4E (Anglesey-based)
- Green Business of the Year, Penrallt Consulting (Conwy)
- Rachel Elnaugh Enterprise Award, Simon O’Rourke, Tree Carving (Wrexham)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award, Bollywood Burnout (Colwyn Bay)
- Networking Person of the Year, Emma Lazarus-Stockdale (Wrexham)
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Jordan Barnes (Higher Kinnerton)
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Jo Beevers, Kokonoir (Broughton)
- Business Man of the Year, Alan “Travelboy” Hughes (Abergele)
- Business Woman of the Year, Amanda Daniels, Koogar (Wirral)
- Start Up Business of the Year, J&PR (Telford)
- Business of the Year, ACE Lifts (Sandycroft)
- Special Award – Host of the Year, Vicky Cutler, UW Authorised Distributor (Colwyn Bay)