You might have heard us say “We create websites you can edit yourself…” in a Networking Event sometime.
A CMS or otherwise known as “Content Managed System” website allows the user/client to update the website as and when you want without having to constantly ask your web designer for assistance.
Over three years ago Koogar recognised the advantages of CMS for our clients and other business people.
- Not having to wait 3-6 weeks for the update to happen – For example; you would have the ability to add special offers on the website for a certain period of time
- SEO – (Search Engine Optimisation) Friendly – Search Engines like websites with constantly changing content they will come back more often to find out what your up to and then report back to HQ and help your website move up the ranks.
- Become the person to speak to – By changing your content frequently, you will be keeping your followers, clients and potential customers up-to-date with whats happening within your company, if you have a new product or if you have a special offer on.
- Long term saving of money – It might be more expensive to have a CMS built for you but it WILL save you money in the long run. Think about it, your company will grow, get more products to sell, staff to help out. Thinking of the bigger picture sooner is always better. P.P.P.P.P.P – Perfect planning prevents p**-poor performance!
Initially a CMS website will cost extra as it takes longer to setup for the clients requirements. Once the bulk of the site is set up and the client is trained you can then add as much or as little as you like. Remembering Search Engines like changing content/text.
At Koogar we also provide an “After Care Plan” that is there for us to make sure your site is running as smoothly as possible but to also be there to answer any questions and amend other parts of the site that may need technical attention.
An App is short for Application which in this case can be downloaded to your phone. Whether you have an Android, Blackberry, iPhone or iPad you are able to download an App on a variety of devices. They can be for fun, personal, business, finance, weight loss, dress codes, wine lists and so on…
More and more people are using their phones to get information.
- Are you and your business ready for the mobile age?
- Which device have you got?
- Have you tested your website on it?
If your looking into a Mobile Website, feel free to contact us for more information.
Now that you have bought your domain name you have secured your online address so your competitors cannot have the same domain name as you, which is great!
The next step is to find a web design company who you are comfortable with and knowing who to go with is something you should take your time over. What you should be looking for is someone who is going to help you get what you need and not necessarily what you want.
One of your main responsibilities as a company with an online presence is to help users of the internet have the opportunity to view your site. Therefore, accessibility should be your main concern when it comes to your web site as you don’t want a complicated site, which takes forever to load each page as people will become impatient and abandon your site.
You also need a site that matches and conveys your company’s brand, morals, ethics and ethos. For example, we have the domain name www.koogar.co.uk which is simple and easily recognisable to our clients as it has the company name in it. When users visit our web site they are immediately greeted by blue, black and white – our company brand colours. Once users delve a little bit deeper into our site they get an insight into what kind of company we are- professional yet approachable.
So remember, take your time when choosing a web design company, know exactly what you want to get out of your web site and relax…your domain name is yours and yours alone now!
If you need any information or advice regarding domain names or help on taking the next step, please feel free to contact us.