Click the play button to listen to this Episode! (35:03)
Listening Time – 35 minutes and 3 seconds
I am asked nearly every day the same question…
“What would you do in my business to market it and get new clients?“
Unfortunately, the answer is different for every business, there is no blueprint to marketing. There are blueprints on HOW to do something but not on marketing as a whole.
As a business owner, you know your business more than anyone else, you understand how you want to be perceived and the type of clients you want. Think about these things and be where the clients you want are!
If you’ve not done marketing for a while or are a little stuck with regards to what to do next, this podcast is for you!
Grab your pen, notepad and be prepared to pause this podcast as there are a number of things you need to be doing during and certainly after!
Click the play button to listen to this Episode! (22:45)
Listening Time – 22 minutes and 45 seconds
Do you struggle to pick up the telephone to call clients, follow up with potential clients to get new business? Most of us do, so you are not alone.
In this episode, I interview Liz Couchman from Alex Merlin who is an expert in Telephone Coaching and Telesales. Liz talks about the main reason why people don’t pick up the telephone, when is the best time to leave a voice message is and the secret skill to being more confident and the best way to plan plus more!
Grab your notepad and pen to take notes from Liz and enjoy!
Click to Read Show Notes
Topics covered in ITI0003:
- Who is Liz and how did Alex Merlin come to be?
- Why people shun picking up the telephone?
- Are you connecting to collect numbers or connecting to build relationships?
- The main reason why people don’t pick up the telephone - Fear of rejection and giving up (when you hit the voicemail)
- When is the best time to leave a voice message?
- The secret skill to being more confident - the more you do it the better you become and thinking what is the worst case scenario?
- Best way to plan - have a minimum walk away point what is the outcome you want from the call so you gain something from the call
- Scripts - should you use them or not?
- Begining - the reason for the call
- Middle - leave blank and go with the flow as if you are having a normal conversation
- End - walk away point
- Open questions are always best - who, what, why, and when
- Tips for picking up the phone
- What is you message - make sure you investigate yourself, why people work with you, email template, branded information and being prepared
- Why would anyone want to meet you? - qualifications, awards you have won, tenders you’ve been placed on, work with competitors, specialist, your location
- When is the best time to schedule a follow-up call? 10am - 12pm and 2pm - 4pm
- You need 5 "No's" before you get a "Yes!"
- Best time to call/follow up is 48 hours after you have emailed someone and then tell them the next steps, so you know when you need to call them
- Are you listening correctly?
- Make sure you have a pen in the hand and write down the person’s name so you can use it further along in the call
- Call back when you say you will because a lot of companies don’t!
- The best light bulb moment - you should enjoy what you do and others will find your enthusiasm contagious
- The best way forward with telesales
Call Liz on 01691 437 237, email email@example.com or follow on Twitter @alexmerlinltd.
Click the play button to listen to this Episode! (23:09)
Listening Time – 23 minutes and 9 seconds
Koogar was established in 2006 to give Business Owners and Marketing Managers throughout the Northwest of England and beyond a presence on and offline that they deserve.
As a professional Web Designer with over 18 years experience in the digital field, Amanda wants to inspire, educate and deliver an experience to clients who wanted more from their marketing.
There is an exercise at the end of this podcast so grab your notepad and pen!
Click the play button to listen to this Episode! (26:58)
Listening Time – 28 minutes and 58 seconds
Welcome to the first of many Podcasts with Koogar. Integrate to Influence or ITI for short will be talking all things marketing with some business thrown in for good measure.
This Podcast is an interview with Nicola Mullarkey who is The Honest Recruiter who will be sharing great tips in taking on your first person, whether that is in part-time, full-time or freelance employment.
Grab a cuppa or press play on your app and enjoy!
Click to Read Show Notes
Topics Covered in ITI0001:
- What are YOUR Core Values - what are they?
- How to know what you want your new team member to do?
- What do you hate doing, What are you not keen on?
- Making sure your new Team Member is on track?
- Review with your new team member
- Do your values line up with your new person?
- Have they got the right ATTITUDE?
- How do you attract the RIGHT people to your business?
- Effective Interview Techniques
Email Nicola Mullarkey on firstname.lastname@example.org.